I have never really sat down and searched through designers and design studios to see who are my heroes. Although I do love the work of designers like Shepard Fairey, I can't say these designers are the ones who influenced me because my style is nothing like theirs. I did a web search on many different designers and studios, looking through each of their portfolios. I came across tons of wonderful web designs and logo designs but two studios stood out to me as very good representations of the type of work I enjoy viewing and creating.
The first studio I will discuss is Studio 7 Design - http://www.studio7designs.com/ . I had never heard of this design studio before coming across it in my search. They are a design group located in Canada with a view of environment friendly designs,15 years of experience and clients world wide. Their designs are very clean and well designed with high quality imagery and colors. The design group not only makes logos but also designs websites. Id like to steal their brains because their websites have a very clean and cutting edge look to them. I was very pleased with the visual appeal that their sites had and could see myself working with a similar vision to creating successful logos and websites.I'd also enjoy the aspect of working with organic, environmental and earth friendly branding.
Here is a link to their portfolio which includes links for logos, websites and prints.
http://www.studio7designs.com/portfolio/
A few examples of the works I liked:
The second design group I came across was called Lounge Lizard -www.lounglizard.com . At the top of one of their pages on their site I read -"We mix a potent combination of interactive strategy with
a generous splash of creative juices and blend in technology-focused, customized solutions to achieve our results." That sounds like me! At least I hope to become successful to the point where my designs have that same feel and message. I enjoy the idea of interactive websites and designs and Lounge Lizard does just that with their iphone, android apps, as well as even right on their own website. They have clever design layouts and everything is interactive and works smooth and perfectly. Lounge Lizard started in 1997 as a world wide design studio in Bohemia, New York. Started off small by its owner and president, the company gradually grew and increased with more clients and more employees. The client list is now well over 75 clients worldwide. Currently, Lounge Lizard does an excellent job of creating new age and flash heavy websites for many companies. Lounge Lizard also recently began designing mobile apps and just this year began creating its own products. These are reasons why I'd want to pick the brain of its owner and president Ken Braun. The ability to start smart, market themselves and grow and expand into a successful and large design studio is something I'd love to start or just be a part of. I'd want to know the steps Ken took and how he got to where he is now.
Here is a link to their portfolio which includes links for logos, websites and prints.
http://www.loungelizard.com/web-design-portfolio/
My favorite examples of website creations:
Bibliography:
www.studio7designs.com
www.loungelizard.com
http://vector.tutsplus.com/articles/web-roundups/22-great-graphic-design-agencies/







No comments:
Post a Comment